Aboulia! - Washinton, DC
- Friday 11:30pm Wolfs Den, Saturday 7pm Scraps Castle
- Scott Holden , Katie Honer kamp Lazo , Brianna Lux, Austen Villemez
- One of D.C.'s most established independent improv troupes, Aboulia! performs a long-form narrative structure to create an improvised one-act play. We balance patience with energy, while bringing memorable characters, strong relationships, and emotional connections to our improvisation. While ""aboulia"" means indecision, Aboulia! shows are a decidedly good time!
After School Special - Kansas City, MI
- Friday 7pm Scraps Castle, Saturday 11pm Wolfs Den
- Juliette Everhart, Christian Robinson, Ashley Osborn, Zak Roland, Brandi Torre
- After School Special lurched out of the swamp of Kansas City looking for improv blood!
AIDS - Chicago, IL
- Saturday 1am Wolfs Den LATENIGHT
- Joe Avella, Joey Dundale, Greg Ott
- This is the most insane thing ever. These guys have ruined everything I know about improv and life in general. Seriously I need to go home and rethink who I am and what I'm doing.
All our feelings at once - Chicago, IL
- Saturday 8pm Crabby Cove
- Robert Dowling, Rebecca Loeser, Alison Lynch, Britta Rowings, Jesse Thurston
- All of Our Feelings at Once presents a uniquely autobiographical spin on sketch comedy. The show defies convention by using forms as varied as original songs, circus arts, and good, old-fashioned handstand contests. It always gets personal, but that's the fun
Atlas Improv Company - Madison, WI
- Friday 10pm Crabby Cove ,Saturday 9pm Crabby Cove
- Kristina Martinez, Neil Baron, Ben Taylor
- Atlas Improv was founded in early 2004 with the dream to explore and innovate beyond what was familiar. Our story goes back to the 1980s, when Dick Chudnow, founder of ComedySportz, brought his brand of competitive improv comedy to Madison. In 2004, after seeking a new creative environment and realizing that short-form just wasn't enough, acting company managers Mary Parmentier and Bryan Judkins started Atlas Improv. Today, Atlas Improv owns the only improv theatre in Madison, Atlas Improv Theatre, and works to foster an expert in each of its players. In story arc, character building, or pure wit, every performer is a master.
BBG - Chicago, IL
- Thursday 8pm Scraps Castle
- Nnamdi Ngwe, Tyler Parker, Tim Ottolin
- "musical improv i actually like" - Alex Honnet
BC - Chicago, IL
- Thursday 8pm Crabby Cove (as part of LLUG)
- Reeni Lindblom, Kris Lantzy, and Alex Bellisle
- A powerhouse team, Alex Bellisle, Kris Lantzy and Reeni Lindblom are the women of BC. Wild, irreverent characters exploring relationships in grounded scenes and fully realized worlds are the hallmarks of a BC show. Also, all of their Mom's are named Debbie. So.
Boyish - Chicago, IL
- Thursday 8:30pm Wolfs Den
- Jorin Garguilo, Kyle Bethea, Dan White, Damian Anaya, Matt Barats, Mike Hall, Michael Johnson, Prescott Gadd, John Anderson, Louie Saunders
- Boyish is a giddy group of sloppy boys who do an improv show together. Their shows are often frantic and joyful with a pinch of deviance. It's always something. Catch them Wednesday nights 10pm @ The Playground Theater!
Claymore - Chicago, IL
- Thursday 10pm Crabby Cove
- Tyler Smith, Brian Hurwitz, Peyton Brown, Josh Segovia
- Just four best friends doing improv. You know the kind.
Collectors Edition - Chicago, IL
- Thursday 10:30pm Scraps Castle
- Sean Rose, Rick Joyce, Conor Sullivan
- Collector's Edition is a show about music, written and presented by three certified broken pop obsessives. Personal essays, pop history lessons, staged bits and live music come together to help make sense of some of pop music's most tangled subjects.
Cook County Social Club - Chicago, IL
- Saturday 8pm Scraps Castle
- Greg Hess, Mark Raterman, Brendan Jennings, Bill Cochran, Tim Robinson (cast for Jangleheart is TBD)
- Out of our minds to have Cook County joining us for Jangleheart! Their recently concluded long standing Tuesday night run at iO Chicago was a must see for students of improv and fans of comedy. Recently many members have relocated to LA to make a pilot and get paid. We're super grateful they agreed to perform.
Cross Polination - Chicago, IL (Upstairs Gallery House Team)
- Thursday 9pm Wolfs Den, Saturday 7:30pm Scraps Castle
- Denise Boylan, Lawrence Collerd, Laurel Krabacher, Jon Nacewicz, Lindsey Smith, Nate Varrone
- Cross Pollination is an Upstairs Gallery house team made up of improvisers who study and perform at iO, Second City, and The Annoyance. You'll laugh, you'll cry.
DAAANG Judi Dench - Chicago, IL
- Friday 11pm Crabby Cove
- Grace Palmer, Vivian Ellis, Amy Rose Ramelli, Meredith Johnston
- We are DAAANG Judi Dench. We are a team thats all ladies but we do not want our improv to be about being ladies. We like to dress up as boys. We like to dress up as girls. We wave our hair around like ponies. We think the theatre and all its antics is one of the silliest things in the world--which is why we love it and make fun of it. So we monologue, we sing our hearts out, we cold read, we audition, we lie on our resumes, we lie on each other, and we pretend to be deaf way too often. We try to have as much fun as possible doing this ridiculous thing called theatre. And it's all for the Dame.
Dead $$$ - Chicago, IL (Upstairs Gallery House Team)
- Thursday 8:30pm Scraps Castle, Saturday 8:30p Wolf's Den
- Vince Portacci, Stephanie Cook, Matt Barats, Mike Brunlieb, Sarah Ashley
- You probably spend your time sitting around wondering what an improv team made up of Chicago improv micro celebrities Mike Brunlieb (Sand, Butch Max), Sarah Ashley (Fiction for the Poor, Blanket Jackson), Matt Barats (The Dirty Shame, Susan), Steph Cook (TV Screams, The Late 90's), and Vince Portacci (The Late 90's, The Scoundrels) looks like, don't you? Well stop wondering and START LIVING. Dead$$$'s explosive emotional exploration of the dark, grotesque, and outright hilarious is not to be missed. ""Dead$$$ shows you how to LIVE""
Dirty Shame - Chicago, IL (Upstairs Gallery House Team)
- Thursday 11pm Wolf's Den
- Matt Barats, Garguilo, Damian Anaya
- Dirty shame is normally the brotherly duo of Matt Barats and Lee Barats getting nasty. Sadly Lee's out of town making mad monies on a cruise ship. NEVE FEAR THOUGH. Matt's got it on lock with some of his top buddies.
DMN-que? (DMNK) - Chicago, IL (Upstairs Gallery House Team)
- Thursday 10:30pm Wolfs Den
- Devin Bockrath, Micah Sterenberg, Nick Mestad, Kevin Knickerbocker
- DMNK are a fantastic group of improvisers and a house team at Upstairs Gallery. However, Jangleheart fell on a weekend with the M(Micah Sterenberg) N(Nick Mestad) and K(Kevin Knickerbocker) are all called away. Don't worry though! They've set up replacements for D(Devin Bockrath) to play with! She just happens to have no idea who they are. Come be a part of the SUPRISE.
Dumpster - Chicago, IL
- Friday 11:30pm Scraps Castle
- Jill Fenstermaker, Molly Hall, Ellen Haeg, Amy Speckien
- Dumpster is Jill Fenstermaker, Molly Hall, Ellen Haeg and Amy Speckien. We love playing together and try to follow the fun and play from our guts.
Ed and Kath - Chicago, IL
- Thursday 7pm Crabby Cove
- Katie Klein, Neil Jacobsen
- Who are Ed & Kath? How did they meet? Who else is in their world?
- Neil Jacobsen and Katie Klein are gonna find out."
Eisbär - Chicago, IL
- Saturday 8:30pm Wolfs Den
- Eli Weatherby, Jonny Nelson
- You're broken, you just don't know it yet. Eisbär, the most electrifying men in motivational entertainment, are here to shine a light on the dark fissures of your tortured psyche. Using raw emotion, the blinding-hot light of TRUTH--as well as a healthy dose of interpretive dance--Eisbär will teach you to TAKE A RISK, OPEN YOUR HEART, and LIVE, LIVE, LIVE!
Fanny - Chicago, IL (Upstairs Gallery House Team)
- Friday 12:30am Wolfs Den
- Claire Mulaney, Sarah Shook, Blair Bekan, Lily Sulivan
- Think Sex and the City without the sex, money, or fashion. Fanny is Claire Mulaney, Sarah Shook, Blair Bekan, Lily Sulivan. But Claire is writing for SNL and Blair is on a boat. So it's now just Sex in the City without the sex or money or fashion or some of the cast. It's gonna be the best!
Fart City - Chicago, IL
- Friday 9:30pm Wolfs Den
- Pat O'Keefe, Jess Mitolo, Ellen Haeg, Toby Ziecik, Gary Richardson, Mike Klasek, Chris Walsh, Ally Yolo (won't be attending, but there in spirit)
- Fart City is silly...Fart City is a long form improv team...FartCity are reuniting for their first show in forever.
Feldmanowski - Chicago, IL (Upstairs Gallery House Team)
- Thursday 10pm Crabby Cove, Friday 10pm Wolf's Den
- Mike Marunowski, Joanna Feldman
- Jo Feldman and Mike Marunowski are roommates, best friends, and mochi ice cream enthusiasts. Feldman and Marunowski met at Second City in 2010 and have been performing improv and sketch together ever since. Feldman and Marunowski, ladies and gentleman. Feldman and Marunowski. Feldman. Marunowski. Feldmanowski.
Flyin' Dry - Chicago, IL
- Friday 7pm Wolfs Den
- Adam Schreck, Bryan Duff, Daniel Shar, James Tierney, Mike Kelly, Mike Klasek, Nnamdi Ngwe, Raymond Gordon
- Flyin' Dry is a group that is passionate, super positive, and excited about creating high-energy show. Look for fun female guests to rotate in…because the more the merrier, strength in numbers and power. SUPER. HUMAN. POWER.
Flying High - Chicago, IL (Upstairs Gallery House Team)
- Thursday Scraps Castle 7:30pm, Saturday 12:30a Wolf's Den
- Dave Maher, Nick Leveski, Drennen Quin
- Flying High are an improv group and an inside joke and an improv group. But don't take their word for it, they'll take yours, by which they mean could you give them a suggestion of anything at all.
Formal Apology - Chicago, IL (Upstairs Gallery House Team)
- Friday 9:30pm Crabby Cove, Thursday 8pm Wolf's Den
- John Reynolds, Jose Molina, Zephian Michaels, Greg Worsley
- They go hard in the paint.
girls? - Chicago, IL
- Friday 7pm Crabby Cove
- Katy Conroy, Alex Gavlik, Emily Williams, Jenelle Cheyne, Andrew Daniels
- Girls? is not the tv show. Lena Dunham approves this message and our team. We are Jenelle Cheyne, Katy Conroy, Andrew Daniels, Alex Gavlick and Emily Williams.
Goose From Top Gun - Chicago, IL
- Saturday 1:30am Wolfs Den
- Asher Perlman, Connor Tillman, John Sabine, Vince Portacci, Tim Dunn, Daniel Strauss, Lee Barats, Jo Feldman, Andrew Knox, Andy Junk
- Goose From Top Gun is fast-paced, improvised theatrical experience. Drawing from some of the best comedic talent in Chicago, this team is sure to entertain itself, and will most-likely entertain you as well.
Hi, Hello - Minneapolis, MN
- Saturday 8pm Crabby Cove
- Carolyn Blomberg, Katie Vannelli
- Oh, hi. Hello. K, seeya. BYE! (Two person improv from the HUGE Theater in Minneapolis)
Hot Horny Bullshit - Los Angeles, CA
- Saturday 9pm Scraps Castle, Friday 8pm Wolfs Den
- Jamie Hoggson, Wes Haney, Andy DeYoung, Nick Ehart, Steven Fleming, Amanda Lund, Ben Seeder, Erin McGathy
- YOUNG DUMB AND FULL OF....................................FUN. These LA rad dudes will bring it, just make sure you can bring it back.
Hunkz R Us - Chicago, IL (Upstairs Gallery House Team)
- Thursday 12am Scraps Castle, Saturday 9:30pm Scraps Castle
- Gary Richardson, John Reynolds, Conner O'Malley
- Art is anything that makes you pop a semi. The HUNKZ from HUNKZ 'R US know plenty about popping a semi. Running at a perfect 10 on the perfect 10 scale, the Hunkz will do anything and everything to support one another's boyish good looks and ideas. Come see the Hunkz. They love you the perfect amount.
Jacket Trouble - Chicago, IL
- Friday 9pm Crabby Cove
- Dan White, Nate Varone, Harrison George, Eli Mandel, Mike Finn, Tim Lyons
- Have you ever gotten into serious trouble? Didn't know how to get out of it? Let Jacket Trouble take a stab at it. If we can't get out of trouble, it'll sure be fun watching us try.
Keenan And Family - Wilmette, IL
- Friday 7:30pm Wolfs Den
- Keegan Kelly, Emily Ashenden
- Two aspiring teen sketch enthusiasts are took a crack at writing/producing/performing their own show of entirely original content! Local artistic enabler Irene Marquette directs.
Kill All Comedy - Chicago, IL
- Saturday 11pm Scraps Castle
- Who Knows
- Chicago's ONLY comedy. Critical Darlings and Cultural touchstones! Show of new Material!
LIAM - Chicago, IL
- Saturday 10pm Crabby Cove
- Grant Collins, Cynthia Kmak, Justine Krueger, Katie Tyner
- Following a one-word suggestion and silent opening, LIAM's entire full-length set takes place as a single continuous scene. This patient, invested approach allows them to delve into the characters they create, exploring small details and relationships to hilarious and sometimes surprisingly poignant ends.
Listin Up - Chicago, IL
- Friday 8:30pm Wolfs Den
- Adam Cole, Damian Anaya, Dan Friesen, Daniel Shar, Derek Smith, Gary Richardson, Jordan Haynes, Mary Catherine Curran, Meaghan Strickland, Michael Malarky
- Improv and stand up collide in this show unlike any other in Chicago with this fun produced by Dan Friesen (The Comedy Evening) and Daniel Shar (Phat Beethoven). In its full form as a monthly show at Upstairs Gallery, Friesen books three of his favorite comedians to do improvised stand up based on set lists created by the audience on their way into the show. Concurrently, Shar books enough of his favorite improvisers to form three different mash-up groups to each use the preceding stand up's actual set list from a recent show as their source material for an improv set. It's off the cuff stand up, and off the list improv. For this festival, there will be one stand up and one improv group.
Living room - Chicago, IL
- Friday 10:30pm Wolfs Den
- Dan Meisinger, Christy Bonstell, Beau Gowitzler, Blythe Haaga, John Sabine, Colleen Doyle, Kellen Alexander
- The seminal improv form with a special Jangleheart cast! Conversation and the scenes inspired by it.
LLUG - Chicago, IL
- Thursday 8pm Crabby Cove
- Caitlin Stephan, Devin Bockrath Assorted teams!
- Ladies Love Upstairs Gallery is a monthly show produced by Gallery Proprietor Caitlin Stephan and hosted by Gallery idiot Devin Bockrath that celebrates contributions of women to improv/comedy!
Lonesome - Chicago, IL
- Friday 9pm Wolfs Den
- Tyler Samples, Tim Joyce, Jeff Rukes
- Lonesome is a one-person improvised Western. Dressed in costume and backed by a live band, Tyler Samples spins a story of flawed heroes and hard choices, unfolding in a physicalized environment that draws on the classic imagery, tropes and archetypes of the genre. Dripping tension, honest emotion and desperate stakes rule the day when Lonesome comes to town.
Lost Boys 69 - Chicago, IL (Upstairs Gallery House Team)
- Friday 8:30pm Crabby Cove, Saturday 9:30pm Wolf's Den
- Clayton Margeson, Phil Meister, James Teirney, Mike Klasek
- All the good names were taken
Making out with Wes Perry and Friends - Chicago, IL
- Thursday 9pm Scraps Castle
- Assorted folks
- Wes Perrry loves his friends so much, he wants to share them! Making Out is a uniquely curated event that integrates comedy in the forms of improvisation, sketch, and standup with storytelling, performance art, and drag performance.
Manny Mora - Chicago, IL
- Saturday 11pm Crabby Cove
- Kristin Ramsey, MJ Price, Marissa Rhines, Eunji Kim, Elizabeth Kirkwood, Amelia Zukowski, Neha Mehta, Lindsay Mallard
- Manny Mora is an eight person team whose shows are like a frisky frolic through improv's forest. Using an audience member's suggestion and layering on their own truthful experiences, Manny Mora catapults into a completely improvised piece that both expands and heightens. Their playful spirit and camaraderie is infectious. By the end of the show, you'll wanna party with these girls. Coached by Danny Mora.
Mark Colomb of The Poor Choices Podcast - Chicago, IL
- Friday 9pm Lobby
- Mark Colomb
- Mark recorded to Poor Choices podcast, an interview show for Chicago comedians/improvisers for over two years. Mark will be recording SOMETHING, what it is we’re not sure yet. Mark’s one of the best though so it will be something great we’re sure. Check out his video work!
Mazel Prov - Chicago, IL
- Thursday 12am Wolfs Den
- Chandler Goodman, Tanner Tananbaum, Andy Kushnir, Mike Malarkey, Drew Kearse, Adam Levin, Jo Feldman, Katie Klein, Amy Thompson, Molly Jones, Alison Gates
- Ritual, tradition, allergies: local improvisers start at a seder and explore what it meant to grow up Jewish in 1990s America
MC Chaps - Chicago, IL
- Saturday 12am Wolf's Den
- Mary Catherine Curran, Chandler Goodman, Joanna Borgione, Matt Kappmeyer
- Inspired by a reading, MC Chaps remixes the world we live in, creating a comic mash up of characters, emotions and whatever else happens to come along. It's more fun than a night at the club, with a similar amount of dry humping.
Meowsers - St Louis, MI
- Friday 12am Wolfs Den, Saturday 7pm Crabby Cove
- Jake Sellers, John LaLoggia, Pat Niday, Jacob McGuire, Lorne Cox
- Meowsers was formed by classmates at The Improv Shop in St. Louis, MO in 2011 and won The Improv Shop's 2012 March Mayhemprovisation Tournament. Meowsers has also performed at The Second City and The Upstairs Gallery in Chicago, St. Louis' inaugural Compass Improv Festival, and several other universities and venues around the midwest. Meowsers was recently an official selection of the longform improv category at the 16th annual Chicago Improv Festival in 2013.
Mike Knish - Chicago, IL
- Saturady 9pm Wolf's Den
- idk how to answer this, I guess just mike knish
- AAAAAGGGGHHHHHH I HATE SELF-PROMOTION SO MUCH MY NAME IS MIKE I AM VERY FUNNY I ALSO TRY REALLY HARD TO BE CREATIVE WITH IT MY SHOW WILL MAKE YOU LAUGH SO MUCH THAT YOUR MIND WILL MELT AND DRIBBLE OUT OF YOUR BUTTHOLE PLEASE WATCH HAIL SATAN XOXO \ ( ' O ' ) / 8======D ( . Y . ) \ ( ' O ' ) /"
Mrs Dad - Chicago, IL
- Saturday 12am Sick Adventure
- Conner O'Malley, Wes Haney, Drennen Quinn, Ellen Haeg, Seth Dodson, Molly Hall, Mark Ortiz, Jorin Garguilo, Patrick Rowland, Steve Fleming
- Mrs. Dad, recipient of iO’s 2009 Del Award for Best New Team. Created in 2008, cut in 2010. They've performed a few times @ Upstairs Gallery when they are back in town and it's the best! Super pumped to have them in the mix for the festivals SICK ADVENTURE!!!
MRS. - Chicago, IL
- Friday 10:30pm Crabby Cove
- Sara Gaare, Ryan Asher, Mary Catherine Curran, and Susan Glynn
- Ever met a lady who you don't want to date but want to be friends with? That's MRS!!!!! Four not sexy, slut wannabes strut their flabby back fat for the world to laugh at. If you lucky you will be sitting in a section where you can't see their coots.
No Excuses - Chicago, IL
- Friday Late night
- Marty Schousboe, Tyler Samples and ALL OF YOUR VIDEOS
- No Excuses is 2 things: a showcase for local videomakers, and a deadline for their next mustardpiece. If you have a video around 5 minutes length (there is leeway; we've shown 20 second vids and 10 minute ones) that you've made in the last few months, upload it to Vimeo, allow for downloading and send us the link via Facebook! OPEN TO ANYONE! https://www.facebook.com/VideoPartyShow
Obvious Shark - Chicago, IL
- Saturday 12am Crabby Cove
- Mike Klasek, Eleanor Hollingsworth
- Sketch Comedy Bad-Boy Mike Klasek and improv ingénue Eleanor Hollingsworth team up to put on the greatest improv show ever. Ever!
Old School/New School - Chicago, IL
Phat Beethoven - Chicago, IL
- Thursday 8:30pm Wolfs Den
- Adam Cole, Jordan Haynes, Samuel Stone Watters, Daniel Shar
- TimeOutChicago called Phat Beethoven "hands down one of the strongest teams" at this year's Chicago Sketchfest, citing "bizarre, well written sketches that were perverse and dark without trying too hard." We really appreciate the kind words, but wish some of them weren't so big. Here's all you really need to know: four best friends - one energetic, bit-heavy, dumb show. We promise you'll get it. If you don't, you're an idiot.
Pizza Party - Chicago, IL (Upstairs Gallery House Team)
- Saturday 10:30pm Wolfs Den
- Walt Delaney, Alex Honnet, Brian McGovern
- What's better then 3 best buds hanging out eating a pizza? 3 BEST BUDS CREATING FLIGHTS OF WHIMSY ONSTAGE TOGETHER! Sadly Walt is in NYC performing as part of the fringe festival, BUT THE ALWAYS AFFABLE KYLE CHORPENING WILL BE SITTING IN!
Promise Ring - Chicago, IL
- Saturday 11:30pm Wolf's Den
- Andrew Knox, James Allen, Brad Berghof, Derrick Aguis, Eddie Mujica , Jeff Quintana
- Promise Ring consists of a mixed bag of performers from different comedy backgrounds that have bonded together as brothers. This team is all about forming a narrative improv experience that is energetic, physical, fun for the audience and the performers. No man is left behind in a theatrical experience that will use every inch of the theatre, multiple characters, and group work that connects immediately to form rich story lines. Promise Ring is a comedy tornado that takes stages by storm, wreaks havoc, then disappears as suddenly as it had arrived.
Queen Bitch - Chicago, IL
Friday 1am Wolfs Den LATE NIGHT
Shannon Noll, Derek Shoemaker
Queen Bitch performs their signature show called "Small Plays," which is a collection of two to three 10 minute mini-plays (some written, some improvised). Their plays usually deal with intensely personal issues/relationships that manifest themselves in perverse/weird/goofy ways. Among the many plays they've done, they've told the stories of a man being waterboarded on a first date and of the heartwarming/deviant sexual relationship between a man and a clown. They also periodically release small self-published chapbooks of short, illustrated stories.
Rabbit Rabbit - Chicago, IL
- Friday 7pm Crabby Cove
- Andrew Bentley and Chris Blake
- In their newest show, Rabbit Rabbit expands on their sketch comedy that Timeout Chicago calls “cerebral, unexpected, and a joy to watch”. Set against the backdrop of Schuster and Weebling’s 17th Annual Team-Building Weekend and Company Retreat, “Value! Synergy! Bourbon!” combines intricate writing and high-energy performances to twist traditional sketch frameworks into inventive new shapes, and tickle brows both high and low.
Rainbow Deli - Chicago, IL
- Friday 8pm Scraps Castle
- Kyle Bethea, Jorin Garguilo, Ellen Haeg, John Pantiland, Pat Raynor, Louis Saunders, Farrell Walsh, Laura Wilkinson
- We know! We said "No Theater Teams." These guys are so awesome though we had to make an exception! They headline CIC's Satuday night Comedy Showcase at 10:30pm. Somethings going on over there, go check it out.
Ray BradGary - Chicago, IL
- Friday 12am Crabby Cove
- Brad Einstein, Gary Pascal (Others TBD)
- Ray Bradgary is a sketch comedy team starring Brad Einstein and Gary Pascal, two Chicago improv and sketch comedy guys. They deconstruct a deeply flawed world, driving their audience to consider the impact of life on the world around them, and their role in society as a whole. Just kidding. It's a bunch of dick jokes.
Rotten - Chicago, IL (Upstairs Gallery House Team)
- Thursday 9:30pm Crabby Cove
- Jamison Webb, Christine Tawfik, John Sabine, Scott Moorehead
- Barely a team, barley friends, barley worth it. Rotten.
Runts - Chicago, IL
- Saturday 10:30pm Crabby Cove
- Mel Forrest, Tara Mellon, Becca Slack
- Runts is Mel Forrest, Tara Mellon, and Becca Slack. They are three little twerps who like to improvise with each other. LIL TWERPS!
Sand - Chicago, IL (Upstairs Gallery House Team)
- Friday 11pm Wolfs Den
- Mike Brunlieb, Thomas Kelly, Scott Nelson
- The best. Scotts on a boat, but don't let that stop you. Thomas and Mike are more than capable. Seriously, these guys are the most under-rated team in chicago and have been forever.
Say Hello to Your Friends - Chicago, IL
- Thursday 12am Crabby Cove
- Mo Allen, Molly Wilbanks , Ilana Gordon, Molly Jones, Meaghan Strickland , Rebecca Silber, Jen Staben
- If you’re anything like us, you had a lot of questions after reading The Baby-Sitters Club books. Questions like: Whatever happens to Kristy? Do Mary Anne and Logan ever get married? Does Claudia’s metabolism ever catch up to her? Is Stacey still hot? Are you sure? Is Dawn still living in California? How many of Mallory’s seven siblings are currently hooked on drugs? Does anyone care about Jessie? Get the answers to these burning questions AND MORE. “Say Hello to Your Friends; A Journey Through Baby-Sitters Club Nostalgia”
Selfish Green Men - Chicago, IL (Upstairs Gallery House Team)
- Thursday 7pm Scraps Castle, Saturday 9:30pm Crabby Cove
- Andrew Tisher, Danny Groh
- Selfish Green Men are Danny Groh and Andrew Tisher. United by the common pursuit of gratifying all of their desires as swiftly as possible, they condescend to appear before you and wander the stage in a selfish display of ungenerous indulgence.
Shock T’s - Chicago, IL (Upstairs Gallery House Team)
- Thursday 10pm Scraps Castle
- Tim Dunn, Tyler Paterson, Sarah Shockey
- "The Shock T's are a comedy band from Chicago that formed in 2009. Originally playing venues around the city, they started touring comedy festivals across the US in 2011. The Charleston City Paper described their songs as “...incredibly well-written ballads that come one after another, leaving the audience little time to catch their breath."
Sick Adventure - Chicago, IL
- Saturday 12am Scraps Castle
- The first Upstairs Gallery Show will be the last one to close out the festival! Featuring the traditional Mash Up team partnered with an awesome veteran team (Mrs. Dad)
Something old Something new - Chicago, IL
- Friday 7pm Scraps Castle
- Jason Shotts, Joey Romaine, Colleen Doyle, Dan White, Tyler Parker, Becca Barish, more possibly!
- Adal's monthly Upstairs Gallery show partnering veterans with newer performers! Alex has never seen a bad set during this.
Sour Milf - Chicago, IL (Upstairs Gallery House Team Sort Of!)
- Thursday 12:30am Wolfs Den, Saturday 7:30pm Crabby Cove
- Mike Kelly, Mike Marunowski
- SOUR MILF!
Spend some time with Jamison Webb - Chicago, IL
- Thursday 11:30pm Wolfs Den
- Jamison Webb
- The man, the myth, the legend. Jamison Webb puts up a show all by himself about whatever he fancies. In the past he's interviewed Mark McGrath, performed a one man musical as Edward Snowden, Had the audience vote on a new 2013 personality, and declared himself KING OF FACEBOOK.
STRANGER - Chicago, IL
- Thursday 11pm Crabby Cove
- Stephanie Anderson, T.C. Matherne III, Brian Byrne
- On May 31st, 2012, 4 veteran improvisers from across this great nation moved to Chicago to work at Whole Foods, Jimmy Johns and countless temp agencies. Oh, and also to become best friends who do long form improv and sketch.
Super Human - Chicago, IL
- Friday 9:30pm Scraps Castle
- Sarah Ashley, Blair Beeken, Devin Bockrath, Christina Boucher, Annie Donley, Katie Klein, Irene Marquette, Jo Scott, Mary Cait Walthall, Amber Gerencher
- Super Human is an all-lady, all-freaky improv group that delivers a unique and energetic voice to the Chicago improv scene. It’s a party, it’s a movement, it’s a ‘splash zone of women’.
Sweet Kisses - Chicago, IL
- Thursday 7:30pm Scraps Castle
- Jessica Besser-Rosenberg, Tyler Parker, Nicole Vespa, Tom McGuane, Mallory Bradford, Drew Kearse
- A Sweet Kisses is like make up sex without the fight beforehand, a tub of Oreo middle, and a promotion because your boss dies all rolled mashed into big ball of energy ready to explode on an unsuspecting audience.
Tandies Candies - Chicago, IL
- Thursday 10pm Wolfs Den
- Sarah Hatheway, Carly Mandell, Eleise Moore, Lindsey Smith, Sara Fisher
- A team of buds looking to make it right!
The Americans - Chicago, IL
- Friday 1:30am Wolfs Den
- Mark Denny, Paul Chimko, Becca Taubel, Tanner Tananbaum
- “The Americans” is a group of Chicago-based improvisers with roots stretching across the entire continental US. From the laid-back, pot-addled, and often-mistaken-for-being-tired coasts of Southern California, to the country-fried backyards of Georgia’s grizzly-toothed north, up into the beer-soaked party lakes of eastern Michigan, and over to the taxi-filled streets of uptown Manhattan, the Americans draw inspiration from western, southern, central, and northeastern US of A. Come support your troupe: “The Americans.”
The Department of Promethean Science with Jorin Garguilo - Chicago, IL
- Saturday 9pm Lobby
- Jorin Garguilo and a guest
- Jorin and a guest improvise a scene and then analyze/discuss it. One of the more insightful podcasts on improv from one of it’s great thinkers/champions! Past guests have included Walt and Alex from Upstairs Gallery (as well as so many other awesome people.)
The Great Show On Earth - Austin, TX
- Thursday 9pm Crabby Cave, Friday 10pm Scraps Castle
- Danny Catlow, Jack Leahy, Max Lipchitz
- "What makes a show funny? Where do we find truth in comedy? Why are we here on this planet? Who is Chirp Douglas? Austin, Texas performers Danny Catlow and Max Lipchitz explore what it means for a show to be truly ""great"" in this wacky performance piece filled with live music, interactive media, and tons of real cool (kinda healthy) snacks. With sparkles in their eyes and fingers in their butts, they perform an explorative sketch comedy show with help from Austin's most talented, unknown musician, Jack Leahy...and YOU, the audience."
The High Ceilings - Chicago, IL
- Thursday Crabby 7:30pm Cove
- Adam Bass, Mason Bergman, Dax de la Monta, Tim Russo, John Ugolini, Brian Work
- These six gentlemen have been bringing high-minded sets to Chicago’s rough-and-tumble barprov scene for the past twelve months. Grounded scenes burst into high-energy games, plot twists abound, and a pleasant conversation will be had with one very special audience member! Past shows have included a cannibalistic carpet, the evil machinations of Dr. Visa and Mr. MasterCard, and sexual cyborg Hobo 5000 -- he’s big in Japan!
The Manifest - Los Angeles, CA
- Saturday 10pm Wolfs Den, Friday 8pm Crabby Cove
- Alex Whittington, Reid Koster, CC Pearce
- Three UNC graduates now living in Los Angeles with the funny sketch bits!
The Nerdologues Present: Your Stories - Chicago, IL
- Saturday 8pm Lobby
- Eric Garneau
- A podcast that used to be recorded at the Gallery! Your Stories is a monthly live show hosted by The Nerdolouges featuring Chicago performers sharing their nerdy experiences. Emphasis on catharsis over culture. You can catch the monthly recording at the Pubilc House Theatre!
The Other Other Guys - Chicago, IL
- Friday 12am Scraps Castle
- Devin Bockrath, Cynthia Bangert, Brian McGovern, Kevin Reader, Eric Roth, Eric Siegel
- The one time celebrated sketch group is reuniting for one show only! It's a Jangleheart Miracle!
The Recchia - San Franciso, CA
- Friday 9pm Scraps Castle, Saturday 7pm Wolfs Den
- Max McCal, Chris Blair, Katie McCarty, Keara McCarthy, Edwin Zee, Matt Nelsen
- Your F!#&ed Up Relationship' on is an exploration of an audience member's horrible relationship catastrophe and corresponding ex-lover. The cast is inspired by the story and weaves a thematically related long form show that honors and satirizes all of our common trappings and missteps in finding true love.
The Sweetness with Dave Maher - Chicago, IL
- Friday 11pm Lobby
- Dave Maher
- Dave has on his comedy friends for discussions on creativity, spirituality, art, and culture. It gets deep, it gets real, no one’s cried yet but it’s only a matter of time.
Thunderdome - Chicago, IL
- Saturday 1am Scraps Castle
- Thunderdome is a comedy variety show that blends improv, sketch, and literally any other crazy idea it can come up with. Thunderdome mashes up some of Chicago's best up and coming comedians to provide an entertaining experience.
Tim Baltz - Chicago, IL
- Saturday 10pm Scraps Castle
- Tim Baltz puts up a collection of his buds in a show we'll all enjoy because it will be great.
Time Pelican - Chicago, IL (Upstairs Gallery House Team)
- Saturday 11:30pm Crabby Cove
- John O'toole, Walt Delaney
- Time Pelican is John O'Toole and Walt Delaney. Two rough and tumble improvisers from the wrong side of the tracks who subsequently grew up in separate neighborhoods. Sadly Walts, gone, BUT JOHN'S AROUND. And he's gonna find someone to make you, the audience, very very happy.
Triple A Battery - Chicago, IL
- Thursday 7pm Wolfs Den
- Adam Levin, Alex Nichols, Andrew Garman
- Hailing from our nation’s great capitol, the golden wheat fields of the Great Plains, and the fresh waters of the Great Lakes, TRIPLE A BATTERY is a group of covert co-conspirators in the cacophonous theatre of the absurd, spinning the fabric of reality like it was turning hay into gold for a sweet Versace silk blouse (circa 1991).
TV Screams - Chicago, IL (Upstairs Gallery House Team)
- Thursday 11:30pm Scraps Castle
- Steph Cook, Joey Dundale
- The dumbest. Winners of Nobel Prize for Contribution to Comedic Artistic Excellence. All new show!
Two Bunnies Eating Flowers - Chicago, IL
- Thursday 12:30am Scraps Castle
- Alex Hanpeter, Kyle Reinhard, and Jude Tedmori
- Two Bunnies Eating Flowers (Alex Hanpeter, Kyle Reinhard, and Jude Tedmori) are cute little kiddos with an insatiable bloodlust for friendship and fun! They love performing sketch comedy almost as much as they love Jesus! Time Out Chicago calls Two Bunnies Eating Flowers's last show a “ridiculous, explosive, shocking, confrontational, glitterbomb of a show...a fearless, bloody, full-frontal assault on all senses that makes you want to leap out of your seat and start a revolution.”
Two Princes - Chicago, IL
- Friday 11:30pm Crabby Cove
- Kyle Chorpening, Drew Kearse
- "One, two princes kneel before you That what I said now Princes, princes who adore you Just go ahead now"
UG ALL STARS - Chicago, IL
- Saturday 12am Scap's Castle (during Sick Adventure)
- Mary Cait Wainthal, Morgan Lord, Matt Barats, Devin Bockrath, Sarah Shook, Lily Sullivan, John O'toole, Megan Johns, Rachel Farmer, Jeff Murdoch, Alex Honnet, Brian McGovern
- THE CREAM OF THE UPSTAIRS GALLERY HOUSE TEAM CROP PLAYING TOGETHER AS PART OF SICK ADVENTURE! ALSO THEY ARE DEFF PLAYING TOGETHER BECAUSE THEY ARE THE BEST AND NOT BECAUSE THEIR TEAM COULD ONLY DO ONE SHOW DURING THE FESTIVAL.
Uncle Funny - Chicago, IL (Upstairs Gallery House Team)
- Saturday 7:30pm Wolfs Den
- Eric Roth, Eric Siegel
- Funny's Relative. Eric Siegel and Eric T. Roth sometimes go by The Erics, but when you get them joking together they're Uncle Funny.
Venkman - Chicago, IL
- Thursday 12:30am Crabby Cove
- Ryan Ben, Adam Schreck, Kellen Terrett, Katie Wadsworth
- Venkman, like the paranormal exterminator for whom they are named, is an improv ensemble dedicated to the pursuit of busting ghosts. Ghosts are aimless, wandering spirits – characters with no clear purpose, intent or relationships. On Venkman's watch, audience members will come in contact with only those characters most truly alive. Rich, honest, interesting characters with strong wants and the courage to chase them. Venkman promises high emotion, high stakes, high gravity and zero ghosts. Bustin' makes us feel good.
Warlock - Chicago, IL
- Friday 10:30pm Scraps' Castle
- Connor Tillman, Prescott Gadd, Sean Keith, Tim Reardon
- Warlock has been performing together for the last 3 years and has gotten to know each other through performance. We do a 25 minute show like we only have 10 minutes. Sometimes that's fast. Sometimes that's just one scene. Whatever it is, its a good time.
Making Out with Wes Perry & Friends - Chicago, IL
- Thursday 9pm Scraps Castle
- A low-key evening of comedy, music, and heavy petting. Making Out is a uniquely curated event that integrates comedy in the forms of improvisation, sketch, and standup with storytelling, performance art, and drag performance. THE BEST.
WiseSnatch - Chicago, IL (Upstairs Gallery House Team)
- Thursday 11:30 pm Crabby Cove
- Megan Johns, Rachel Farmer, Jo Scott
- Excited about exciting you with excitement, there is no shortage of energy in WiseSnatch, who start the show by giving some advice – and then explode into scenes in order to investigate the answers. Unafraid to put it all out there, the highly physical trio invite the absurd to enter scenes but the emotions are grounded in real action-packed connections. We’re WiseSnatch, and we hope this helps. (Jo just had a baby, So Jeff Murdochs gonna set in with em!)
Wolodarski - Chicago, IL (Upstairs Gallery House Team)
- Friday 11pm Scraps' Castle
- Andy Junk, Andrew Knox, Eric Stallings, Alex Trepka, Kristina Felske
- The final Woloarski show! Wolodarski explores the finer things in life through fast-paced, emotional improvisation. Just a bunch friends riding in motorcycles with sidecars. Come send them out right!
Wussball - Chicago, IL